Friday, April 2, 2010

fuzzy corners and blue/gray backdrops


How awesome is this?? Check out my mom's Farrah hair. Hot curlers were magic! And the surly look on my face? Well, I had an unfortunate set of front teeth. They were shy and chose to move away from one another and forward in some attempt of total mouth defection. Smiling wasn't recommended for posterity's sake.

But I love this picture and since I know my mom stops by here to visit now and again (read: checks up to make sure I'm still working), I thought she would get a kick out of it!

I'm sharing this in honor of my birthday today. And now I will give my mom a call and thank her, get a haircut, play arcade games with friends, and wonder if this is the year to start lying...

17 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Amy said...

Happy birthday!

Beth F said...

Happy birthday -- I love the hair!

Robin M said...

Happy Birthday!

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! The pic is great!

Serena said...

Happy Birthday! Don't you know you are supposed to take the day off?!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! LOVE the photo!!! Hope you are planning to do something fun and indulgent today :)

Brad K. said...

A song comes to mind, Herman's Hermits, "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter."

Happy Birthday, Lisa. The photo of you is lovely!

Iliana said...

Love the picture! Hope you are having a great day, Lisa. Happy Birthday!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday!

LuAnn said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, Lisa! Isn't it fun to look at old pictures with fond memories?

Alice said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! Love that photo! :D

Anna said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

The Bookworm said...

awwww...gotta love the hair, my mom had the same cut! lol
Happy Birthday!!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Melody said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Thanks for sharing the pic! I love family pics! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy birthday! You are brave to post a picture of yourself at any age -- I try to avoid doing it. Me, the published writer.

April said...

Happy Birthday, waaaaay late! LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture! Your mom is beautiful and you are just the most adorable little girl!!!!