ADMIT ONE by Emmett James

**I am currently out of review copies for this title. Links for reviews of it can be found on the left sidebar.**

ADMIT ONE: My Life in Film
By Emmett James
Fizzypop Productions, LLC, February 2010

ISBN: 978-0-9842581-0-9
US $19.95, 216 pages, Hardcover


If this cover looks a little familiar, that's because it is! I represented this title in early 2008, when it was a self-pubbed little number. The author's dry, British wit is my favorite kind of reading and the book stayed with me long after I finished working on it.

While on a conference call with Greenleaf Book Group, I mentioned it as being something worth a shot at traditional publishing. They reviewed a copy of it and agreed! The book will now be released in major bookstores everywhere, February, 2010.

--
''Hilarious, honest, touching, and poignant. The stories transported me back to my childhood, seemingly the very place from which I escaped years ago!''

--Phillip Rhys, actor, 24, Nip/Tuck


''Funny and moving, capturing vividly the most important moments of youth. A very personal story to which everyone can relate.''
--Bob Read, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Last Comic Standing

First set in Croydon, South London, in the 1980s, ADMIT ONE, details how Emmett James escaped the pains of adolescence by going to the cinema. With wry, self-deprecating humor and observation, the author reflects on, obsesses over, and rages about film and its correlation to our pasts. Life soon imitates art, and the narrator finds that his true calling is in transiting one side of the screen to the other. He decides to leave England for the only place where he can realize his dream of becoming an actor ––America.

We then follow the narrator on his numerous Hollywood adventures as he struggles to survive, crashes an Academy Awards party, and chases his dream. At every turn, the films that inspired James as a child resurface, and they serve to contextualize his humorous collection of stories. He provides unique insights into the fascinating world of film, and eventually stumbles into acting in the highest-grossing movie of all time, Titanic.
--
If you reviewed this book as part of the first campaign and think you may be interested in checking out the re-release, please contact me. I will address how this edition differs from the original.

If you are interested in receiving a review copy for coverage on your online outlet, please email your request to: onlinepublicist [AT] gmail [DOT] com. I have several copies available for international shipping.