Thursday, February 19, 2009

BEA 2009 info for Book Bloggers

I know that there has been massive confusion in regards to book bloggers and registration for Book Expo America (BEA) 2009 in NYC.

I made some phone calls and hope I can help out everyone who would like to attend. For book bloggers who would like to attend, you must register, starting with this page. You must register as a 'Book Industry Professional'. The cost will be $295. That cost is whether you attend one day, or all three days of the convention. I know, expensive!

You may disregard the 'your name on letterhead' that is asked for verification. I was told that is only a requirement for on-site registration. Once you fill out the registration form, you print the page with your badge number and bar code and bring that with you to the convention to receive your badge.

I attempted to see if I could have folks attend as a friend of mine, but it seems that cost is the same as the industry professional: $295. They're way too hip to my attempts at trickery!

I really hope that many of you are able to attend and please contact me to let me know if you will be.

8 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

thanks for posting this. it's really good to know. there has been a lot of talk going around about bea and i appreciate that you took the time to get the straight dope.

Irish said...

Thanks for the post it clears up a lot. =)

Unknown said...

It's too much money for me right now, which really stinks because I'm right on Long Island and hoped I could go this year. Maybe next time.

Serena said...

Thanks for the post about this. Unfortunately, like Lilly, this is too costly for me, though I would love to go.

I hope you and other bloggers will post about the event.

Unknown said...

how cool it that! Wish I could go! Would be fun!

MySharonAnne said...

oh there goes my tax refund! *sob why does it have to cost so much?

Lenore Appelhans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Herman said...

I would love love love to go to this! Not sure I can come up with $300 though. :( especially since I don't really want to drive into the city 3 days in a row so I'd only really get 1 day out of it...

is the good stuff (ARCs) usually taken the first day?